Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) is a Palestinian-led movement for freedom, justice and equality. BDS upholds the simple principle that Palestinians are entitled to the same rights as the rest of humanity.
• Fruit and vegetable imports from Israel facilitate violations of Palestinian rights and international law, European campaigners say
• More than 60 actions take place across 10 countries
Occupied Palestine, November 27 - A wave of demonstrations, flash mobs and lobby actions by European human rights campaigners, trade unionists, NGOs and faith groups have called for an end to the trade with Israeli agricultural export companies such as Mehadrin and Agrexco over their complicity with Israeli violations of international law and Palestinian rights.
- Supporters of Palestinian rights claim victory as target Agrexco ordered into liquidation
- Court papers warn that company is Israeli symbol whose downfall will have ‘wider implications'
- Palestinian Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions National Committee (BNC) calls on the movement internationally to celebrate this victory and to intensify BDS campaigns
Campaigners for Palestinian rights are celebrating after the primary Israeli agricultural produce export company Agrexco, which has been a key target of the boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) move
Campaigners for Palestinian human rights today delivered rotten fruit to the lobby of the London office of the British-American investment firm Apax Partners over its ownership of major stakes in Israeli companies that profit from Israeli violations of international law.
The action was taken in line with the call, from Palestinian civil society, for divestment from Israeli companies.
Apax is a major shareholder in Agrexco*, the Israeli agricultural export company that plays a major role in the colonisation of Palestinian land by exporting 60-70% of agricultural produce grown in illegal Israe
Chairman, Total Produce
Charles McCann Building
29 July 2011
Dear Carl McCann,
We, the undersigned Palestinian civil society representatives, including farmers unions, agricultural organizations and popular committees, wish to express our deep concern at reports that Total Produce is considering purchasing Agrexco, an Israeli company complicit in Israel’s regime of occupation, colonization and apartheid.